Searches for “where to buy saffron online" are becoming more and more common daily; that's because saffron offers various health benefits that consumers want to take advantage of. This leading exotic spice is available online, but prices are expectedly high since it's rare.
Prices of saffron per gram are quite steep for the average consumer, and the tendency is to look for Buy Saffron sources. However, one should exercise caution when buying low-priced saffron threads. Chances are high that these are not authentic, and you will likely pay a lot of money for inferior-quality saffron.
The truth is not all brands selling saffron threads are equally reliable; some offer superior threads while others don't. Now, how will you know whether to trust a brand that provides saffron? It's important to find out more about saffron providers before you buy from them online.
How Can You Buy Good-Quality Saffron Online?
Today, people are adding saffron to their daily diet in different ways; you can brew it as tea or add it as a spice to your drinks and food. However, buying it online is tricky since not all saffron dealers are credible and trustworthy.
When you want to know where to buy saffron online, you must understand that the value and quality of saffron threads can vary from one provider to another. While on the one hand, people understand the uniqueness of the spice, its enchanting aroma, and color, they are always on the lookout for cheap saffron. But, when looking for affordable saffron, you may need better quality one.
If you buy saffron online in the USA, you will find different saffron grades from different locations. Naturally, the prices of these different threads will also not be the same. The best way to make the right choice is to get educated about the types of saffron available. The 3 most important criteria to look for when you buy saffron are red-colored saffron threads, strong and fresh aroma, and dry and brittle threads.
Saffron is grown in the US, but most of it being sold in the market today hails from India and Afghanistan. This is mainly because these countries offer ready availability of manual laborers, which is needed in saffron cultivation.
While you may not be able to get saffron for sale in the US from some countries, you can find a good supply of saffron inside the US itself. For instance, many big grocery chains keep saffron which is marketed as "negin." Besides supermarkets near you, it's also possible to buy saffron online from reliable dealers.
Here are some important things to know about buying saffron, whether you purchase it in person or online:
- When you buy saffron, you should study the threads carefully. Saffron threads must be uniform in length, and they should be of a deep red shade having light-colored ends. You must remember that pure saffron will always be handpicked, and when you notice the red color to be bold uniformly, you can be sure it's pure quality saffron.
- Saffron prices are related to the quality of threads and the number of mediators involved in the process that determines the value.
- Saffron is an exotic and rare spice having medicinal properties. Since it's not easily available, many dealers try to pass off inferior-quality saffron to unsuspecting consumers. The truth is only 3-4 stigma threads can be obtained from one crocus; harvesters have to obtain thousands of crocus to produce only one gram of this spice. No surprises then why you may find many dealers selling fake saffron. This is something to be aware of, especially when you buy saffron online.
- It's a good idea to buy fresh saffron because it will have the highest concentration of vitamins and antioxidants. Long saffron threads give out a pleasant aroma and flavor. So, check for the dates before buying saffron online. Once you have bought it, you should store it inside airtight containers.
- Saffron's yellow and red colors should be clear to you; yellow strands are nothing but styles harvested from saffron, but they aren't real threads. Since saffron is rare, many traders sell the yellow styles together with the red strands. When buying saffron, you should choose the dark red strands only, not the yellow ones.
- While buying saffron online, avoid getting powdered form. This has fewer antioxidants and is likely to be far less effective. Besides, when you buy saffron powder, the crocus is often contaminated with fillers. As a first-time buyer, you may need help to detect this contamination, and you will pay a steep fee for a much inferior-quality saffron. So, even using saffron powder, remember to buy it only from trusted suppliers with positive buyer ratings.
- When you buy saffron in the USA, it's possible to get scammed by fraudsters. The best way to avoid this is by choosing only the saffron that is A+ grade certified. Many dealers make saffron heavier by keeping the moisture inside intact. Wet saffron will be bulkier and can fool you as a buyer if you need to be aware of this. Check for certifications always because the purest saffron conforms to ISO3632 standards.
Using these guidelines, it's possible to buy premium quality saffron online at affordable rates. You can purchase a small amount and test it at home if you need more clarification. Dip the saffron threads in milk or warm water and allow these to sit for some time. When saffron is genuine, the strands will retain their color, and the color of the water changes only slightly. If the color change is too fast, it suggests that saffron has been dyed.Whether you buy saffron online or at a store, don't buy low prices. It's not wise to trust cheap saffron because this exotic spice costs money. You should be okay with the pocket pinch if you are keen to get the health benefits of this great spice.