Did you know the worldwide saffron market will likely grow at a CAGR of 8.03% between 2022 and 2027? According to the IMARC Group, saffron manufacturers are now focusing on making chemical-free organic variants of Saffron that can satisfy the health-conscious consumer.
In doing so, these manufacturers are turning to newer and more advanced techniques for producing semi-ready and ready-to-use pure Saffron that is nutritious and healthy. Moreover, companies are carrying out extensive research activities to implement technologies that will guarantee all-the-year-round harvesting of Saffron through automation. This is to meet the continuously growing demand for this spice by various industries, including pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, and cosmetics.
Now, the question is, how do you know if you have bought pure Saffron? While there are plenty of saffron suppliers in the US, you need background checks to be sure you get the best quality saffron. You must understand that the highest quality saffron hails from Afghanistan, Iran, India, and Spain. These are regions where the spice grows naturally, and an abundance of manual labor is required during harvesting.
If you notice cheap rates when you buy Saffron online, it's probably not genuine. Research the supplier first before buying from them. While prices for Saffron may be steep, you need to use only a small amount of this spice to get the desired effects. In the long run, it doesn't work out to be unreasonably costly.
How to Choose the Top Saffron Manufacturers in the Us:
- You must know what to look for to buy the best Saffron online. It's important to understand that the Saffron we buy in the market undergoes many stages of production. Many middlemen are involved, from cultivation to harvesting to drying and packaging the spice. If proper and error-free techniques are used during these stages, you will get the best spice quality. If the processes used are flawed in any way, the quality becomes questionable.
- It's important to check for the source of Saffron when looking for online pure saffron The best saffron varieties are grown in places having sandy soils, hot summers, and cold, wet winters. This is why Middle Eastern countries like Iran and others like India, Afghanistan, Morocco, Greece, Portugal, and Spain are the biggest saffron producers. Yaqoot saffron, for instance, is a top-of-the-line saffron brand in the US sourcing this spice from Middle Eastern countries where farmers handpick it.
- When choosing a leading saffron supplier online, check for their certifications. This proves that the manufacturers have used certified methods for harvesting and drying the spice, and you can be sure they don't contain additives or chemicals.
- Pure Saffron, after being harvested, must be packaged into glass jars so that the aroma and flavor stay intact. When you want high-quality Saffron, start by searching "buy pure saffron near me" and verify that the supplier uses the right storage methods for preserving the authentic properties of the Saffron. Regardless of the type, Saffron must be properly stored in specifically-designed containers that can preserve the unique flavor until it makes its way to consumers' homes.
- Make sure that the saffron manufacturer uses only the red saffron threads and not the yellow parts. The threads should be tested for purity and must conform to international quality standards. So, once the Saffron has been handpicked, it must be examined in certified laboratories carefully to check that each thread conforms to the highest standards of purity and quality.
- Saffron suppliers may use different types of Saffron to produce their own saffron version; check to see which types have been included in the composition. For instance, the Negin saffron variety is 100% pure and likely to give the color and aroma that you are looking for.
- Always read client feedback and customer testimonials before choosing a US saffron manufacturer online. This will help you understand whether the manufacturer you have chosen should be trusted or not. If the supplier doesn't have high ratings or positive reviews, choosing another supplier is best.
- Choosing a saffron supplier with a friendly return and exchange policy is important. If the shipment is damaged in transit or the package has been tampered with, the manufacturer must be willing to refund your money and arrange a replacement immediately.
Using these guidelines, you should be able to find premium quality pure saffron easily. Once you have the Saffron delivered to your doorstep, there are certain tests you can conduct on your own to test for the authenticity of the spice. For instance, dip the threads in warm water or milk to detect a color change. When the Saffron is pure, the water will change color slightly, but if it's fake, you will find the color change drastically. Try rubbing the Saffron between your fingers; if it's genuine, your skin will turn yellow or orange.
The good idea is to buy only saffron threads, not powdered or ground. That's likely to be less potent. Detecting adulteration is far more difficult in powdered Saffron. Ground saffron will likely contain fillers like starch or dried rice flour or spices like paprika. So, the bottom line is to trust only reputed sellers when buying Saffron online. Saffron is an exotic spice that can pinch your pocket, so it makes sense to research many suppliers thoroughly before buying from anyone. You want to enjoy its health benefits without putting your health at risk. Remember that Saffron grows in limited places, and harvesting is tedious, time-consuming, and labor-intensive. So, if you are getting Saffron for incredibly low rates anywhere, research well to avoid getting duped.